Music Video - Start Something - Tear Down The Flagship

Our Final MySpace Website - Click to Visit

Our Final Album Cover

Start Something

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mise en Scene Referencing

There are two videos that I have mentioned a lot over the course of this project for inspiration and I still feel that they are perfect for our idea.


The first is Always by Architects. The performance is in a plain white room and is very open. The band are free to move around and the shooting is very mobile, making every shot interesting to watch. There are some absolutely fantastic angles that I want to duplicate in our project that me and Simon have put in our blog posts about Guitar and Drum stills.


The other is Writing on the Walls by UnderOath. This performance is a complete contrast as the band are crammed into this tiny basement, wearing very dark clothes and there is strobe lighting. It is not particularly strong but more the fact that it creates an air of mystery in the room (maybe I'll rephrase that for the pitch but I was just watching Poirot). All the band shots I THINK (double underline *crosses fingers*) with a fish eye lens at really weird angles and the band members are all very close to each other in this confined space.

I want to use both these concepts in our video to go along with my treatment for Start Something, where the more poppy bits of the track are shown in the clean white and quite large room, whereas the heavier parts are shown to contrast through the sudden claustrophobia and change in shooting style. These powerful mise en scene changes will provide very different performances and help to carry out our concept of energy and its illustration through performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment